Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines)|
|Duty Station||:||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Grade G6|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||10 July 2020|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM provides a range of services and support to the U.S. Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP) including, but not limited to case processing, migration health assessments, cultural orientation training, organized transportation and arrival to the United States, and administration of a travel loan and collections program. In order to continue to maintain and strengthen the integrity of the USRAP, IOM (in coordination with the donor) is implementing Program Integrity Guidelines across all USRAP activities. The Senior Project Assistant, Compliance will have an important role in assisting IOM Country Offices in the Region with USRAP responsibilities (including Ukraine, Russia, Moldova, Belarus, Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Tajikistan; Kazakhstan, etc.) to develop compliance with, implement and measure various elements of the Program Integrity Guidelines.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Manager RSC – Head of Operations, Eurasia, the technical supervision of the Regional HAP Coordinator for Europe and Central Asia and in close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer, the Senior Project Assistant, Compliance (Program Integrity Guidelines), has the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Oversee and undertake compliance activities related specifically to the implementation of the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines in the areas of Movement Operations and Migration Health in Eurasia.
- In close coordination with the Project Managers and USRAP Oversight Officer, assist in the design and implementation of assessments, surveys, and other tools and activities pertaining to the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
- Ensure a high quality of data by confirming accurate collection, entering, maintaining, safeguarding and reporting of data related to USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines elements.
- Assist in increasing staff’s knowledge of the requirements of the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines through regular, accurate information sharing, advising Project Managers, answering staff questions, and providing trainings.
- In coordination with the Movement Operations and MHD Project Managers, develop plans to facilitate full compliance with the Program Integrity Guidelines and address any compliance violations.
- As necessary, provide technical and administrative support to the Project Managers and USRAP Oversight Officer in identifying and adjusting approaches to compliance with the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines requirements.
- Organize, coordinate and maintain detailed records of documents and activities pertaining to the compliance with the USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines.
- Support Project Managers and the USRAP Global Team in using USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines information effectively for decision-making.
- Compile information and draft, edit and design annual USRAP Program Integrity Guidelines reports.
- In close coordination with the USRAP Oversight Officer in Washington, DC, support monitoring and evaluation activities including, if assigned, planning monitoring and evaluation activities; designing monitoring and evaluation mechanisms, such as surveys, interview protocols and focus group topics; administering surveys, interviews and focus groups; analyzing monitoring and evaluation data; and reporting on data to relevant persons.
- Maintain and promote the confidentiality and integrity of all relevant paperwork in line with standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert Project Manager RSC – Head of Operations, Eurasia or management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by IOM staff members or partners.
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and WRAPS, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with refugee applicants, colleagues and partners. Support the development and implementation of SOPs as needed
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree or equivalent with 6 years of relevant working experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in statistics, business administration/management, economics, or a related field from an accredited academic institution with 4 years of professional work experience.
- Experience in office/business administration, customer service, record keeping, compliance, monitoring and evaluation, clerical duties, etc.
- Experience in creating and maintaining computer and paper files;
- Prior experience with tools and strategies for data collection and analysis, and production of reports preferred;
- Experience with USRAP programs;
- Experience with USRAP processing systems, such as WRAPs, MiMOSA, etc
- Experience working in a multi-cultural setting.
- Computer/software literate with good knowledge in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and commited manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Resource Mobilization: Establishes realistic resource requirements to meet IOM needs.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others and building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearance.
- A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history or iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [email protected]
- Please indicate in your e-mail where you saw this job posting.
Closing date for applications is 10 July 2020 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 26.06.2020 to 10.07.2020