Terms of Reference for the Position of Senior Secretary
|Position||Senior Secretary / Executive Assistant|
|Employer||Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Ukraine|
|Duty Station||Embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Ukraine|
|Duration||1 Year (Extendable), with an initial probation period of 3 months|
|Reporting Supervisor||Head of Mission / Deputy Head of Mission|
|Salary Range||As per the Embassy Salary Scale|
The embassy of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in Ukraine is currently looking for an enthusiastic colleague to manage the secretarial activities. As Senior Secretary/Executive Assistant you will be providing organizational, secretarial and administrative assistance to the management and/or (senior) staff of the embassy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Senior Secretary will be recruited to lead the Secretariat task and provide administrative support to the embassy. Specific responsibilities and key components of the job are:
- Managing all incoming and outgoing correspondence;
- Act as first point of contact for phone calls and general queries;
- General office management including logging the Senior Staff of the embassy’s travel, leave, gifts and monthly activities; stationery orders, shredding, data management, maintaining the contact lists;
- Communicating the Ambassador and senior staff of the embassy’s messages to the embassy staff and interpreting his messages accurately for the local employees when necessary;
- Updating regularly the Ambassador and other senior staff of the embassy on daily schedules for meetings, ceremonies and other official gatherings;
- Receiving /distributing Embassy mail and addressing items with the Ambassador and other senior staff of the embassy on time;
- Responding to official letters or diplomatic notes with standard language and format;
- Organizing and supervising arrangements made for meetings and conferences and prepare travel documents and briefings in coordination with the Ambassador and other embassy staff;
- Reminding the driver about assigned destinations and arranging accurate timing and location;
- Keeping in close contact and fostering good relationships with Diplomatic Service Bureau;
- Working with relevant department in distribution of PR materials in regards to providing names and contact information for recipients;
- Ensuring that visitors do not enter inside the Embassy without permission;
- Ensure receptions/ meetings/ events hosted by Ambassador or any senior staff of the embassy are well-planned and delivered efficiently;
- Maintain registers, diaries and databases as required;
- Take minutes of meetings and distribute as required;
- Any other activities assigned by ambassador or any senior staff of the embassy
Qualifications & Experience Requirements
Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Law, Political Science, International Relation, Business Communication, Journalism, Public Administration, Foreign Affairs, Public Policy, or similar related disciplines.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Must be fluent in English, Ukrainian, and Persian (Farsi) language (both written and spoken, this will be tested).
- 2-3-year substantive experience in relevant positions is preferred.
- Excellent secretarial skills, including touch and/or speed typing and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
- Excellent organizational skills and a keen eye for detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and work as a team player, highly organized and able to deal with challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to be professional, courteous and deal directly with key players at a senior level both inside and outside of the Embassy.
- Experience of working in an embassy environment.
- Demonstrated ability for leadership in context of consensual decision-making
- Demonstrated planning and management skills
- Excellent writing and oral presentation skills
- Willingness and ability to work in hardship environments
- Cultural and Gender sensitivity
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian, and Russian language
- Experience working with embassies and international organization as a PA or Secretary.
- Please submit your application and CV in English no later than 15 April 2021. The subject line must be (Senior Secretary/Executive Assistant – 005), otherwise your application will not be considered for the evaluation.
- Email: [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.