Senior Whistleblower Protection Expert,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program,
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption. SACCI provides capacity-building support through a series of trainings to Free Legal Aid lawyers on whistleblower protection issues. In coordination with the Free Legal Aid Centre and the National Agency on Corruption Prevention (NACP), SACCI provides technical assistance to developing the “Special Training Course on Whistleblower Protection in the framework of the Free Legal Aid System.”
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
The Senior Whistleblower Protection Expert will assist the project with developing materials on the following topics: international perspectives on whistleblower protection; best practices and international standards, including the recent EU Directive; whistleblowers’ social status and role in a democratic society; and other related topics. The course materials will align with the concept for a two-day training course developed and approved by SACCI, the NACP, and Free Legal Aid Center. This is a short-term technical assistance position with an expected level of effort of up to 20 expert days.
- Provide recommendations for improving the training’s concept, including the agenda and content description
- Conduct research and analysis of national court and ECHR practices
- Develop the modules on international perspectives on whistleblower protection, international best practices and standards, whistleblowers’ role in a democratic society, and other related topics
- Develop training course materials and handouts
- Adapt the course materials and handouts for judges
- Train judges and lawyers in the course’s pilot delivery
- Analyze feedback from the course’s piloting
- Incorporate feedback into the course’s finalized version
- Develop materials for and conducting of training of trainers
- Transfer the course into an online format, if necessary
- Coordinate with the NACP and Free Legal Aid Center during course development, adaptation and transformation
- Provide assistance with training course development, piloting, improvement, adaptation or transformation
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree in legal studies or other relevant field required
- Minimum of five years of experience in the area of whistleblower protection and awareness of international standards and best practices
- Minimum of three years of experience in adult education on issues of law, legal proceedings, or other relevant fields
- Demonstrated experience in developing training courses, materials, guidance, manuals, and other related educational materials (samples to be requested at interview stage)
- Prior experience with USAID or other international donor-funded projects is preferred
- Fluency in Ukrainian required, proficiency in English preferred
*Deadline for applying for this position – May 9, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.