DAI is a global development company with corporate offices in the United States, the United Kingdom, EU, Nigeria, Pakistan, and Palestine and project operations worldwide. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. DAI works on the frontlines of global development. Transforming ideas into action—action into impact. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. DAI and its employees are committed to confronting racism and holding ourselves accountable for positive change within the company and in the communities, cultures, and countries in which we live and work. DAI is committed to attracting and retaining the best employees from all races and backgrounds in our continued effort to become a better development partner. DAI upholds the highest ethical standards. We are committed to the prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse, and harassment as well as other ethical breaches. All of our positions are therefore subject to stringent vetting and reference checks.
DAI is seeking qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based Social Media and Public Outreach Specialist full time position to join USAID Governance and Local Accountability (HOVERLA) Activity’s team.
- Project Background
DAI Global is implementing the USAID-funded Governance and Local Administration (HOVERLA) Activity, based in Kyiv, Ukraine. This project is designed to support Ukraine advance self-reliant local governance including legislative reforms, participatory strategic planning methodologies, service improvement, local economic development, civil society engagement, and capacity building of sub-national government entities. The Activity has three objectives:
Objective 1: Ukraine’s system of local self-governance is increasingly institutionalized and effective
Objective 2: More self-reliant subnational governance
Objective 3: Citizens play an increasingly influential role in local governance processes
- Position Overview
The Social Media and Outreach Specialist highlights HOVERLA’s activities of all components and sectors in social media and newsletters, works with local partners and key stakeholders, including local communities, government agencies, businesses, and mass media. The Social Media and Public Outreach Specialist leads the communication efforts in social media to better present the Activity’s efforts, impacts and success stories.
- Objectives and Duties
Website and Social Media Activities:
- Provide editorial planning and content management of HOVERLA’s Facebook page
- Write, edit, and proofread print and online products, including decentralization.gov.ua website, announcements, press releases, success stories, reports, newsletters, articles, presentations, infographics, etc.
- Prepare and develop mainstream and social media content to support and enhance HOVERLA’s interventions
- Develop visual content (illustrations for posts, creating infographics, etc.)
- Monitor, post to, and analyze social media channels to build a community of followers and enhance interaction
- Assist with the development of HOVERLA’s web site: on menu and structure, thematic blocks of the site, special projects sections, etc.
- Produce and manage HOVERLA’s photo and content databases
- Organize and support decentralization reform communication, public events, and citizen engagement
Communication: in coordination with the communication team,
- Provide guidance on external communications, public relations and media relations strategies, and communications best practices
- Participate in trainings for journalists, local business, representatives of municipalities, promote social networks for business purposes or promotion of a certain topic/product
- Foster ongoing positive cooperation with the stakeholders and HOVERLA staff
- Ensure that the correct USAID HOVERLA branding and marking are utilized during the performance of the technical tasks
- Contribute to the preparation of weekly, quarterly, and annual reports
- Prepare reports on HOVERLA’s activities in social networks (on monthly basis or upon request): coverage and engagement statistics
- Contribute to ad hoc reporting
- Other tasks as assigned by Sr. Strategic Communications Manager, COP or DCOP
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, PR, languages, communications or in a related field; master’s degree is an asset
- At least 3-5 years of professional experience in communications, reporting, communications product development
- Experience with knowledge management for USAID or other international donor-funded programs or in a PR/ communications agency working with the public sector
- Broad experience with maintaining and developing social media channels such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Telegram
- Demonstrated experience designing strategic communications plans, developing and implementing knowledge management tools or systems, and developing content for social media platforms
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word and Power Point); graphic arts and/or desktop publishing software is a plus
- Native Ukrainian and excellent command of English; solid skills in writing and editing English and Ukrainian content for various channels
- Knowledge of the Ukrainian government’s decentralization reform agenda and developments is a plus
- Interested candidates should submit their application through the following portal:
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be accepted until August 8, 2021. Due to a high volume of applications received, we are unable to contact each applicant individually regarding the status of their application. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in response to this job advertisement.