Connecting Research to Development (CRD) is a non-profit think tank that operates in the support, generation, and dissemination of evidence-based research from the combined perspectives of public health and social science in MENA, Central Asia, and Eastern Europe. Functional since 2000 under the name of Société de Recherche et d’Environnement (SRSE), CRD was officially established in 2014 in Beirut, Lebanon. In close cooperation with its partners, the specific goal is to apply scientific innovative know-how and to transform evidence-based data into programmatic actions. Universities, local organizations, international institutions, and government ministries rely thereby on CRD’s expertise and deep understanding of the research environment.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in Economics, Development Economics, International Development, and similar fields;
- At least 7 years of working experience in research, humanitarian, and development sectors;
- Targeted expertise in socioeconomic research, particularly approaching development indicators from an economic lens;
- Additional expertise in at least one of the following areas: child protection, youth, livelihoods, social cohesion, or refugee communities and migration;
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in the MENA region, Eastern Europe, and/or Central Asia;
- Experience working with government ministries, international donor agencies, and INGOs a must;
- Excellent verbal, written, analytical, and organizational skills;
- Collaborative and constructive team member;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines, multitask, manage multiple projects simultaneously, and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong presentation skills;
- Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative analysis software a plus;
- Examples of published research a plus;
- Fluency in written and oral English and another language relevant to either MENA, Central Asia, or Eastern Europe regions.
Examples of Tasks
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative research including literature review, research design, tool design, analysis and discussion, and generation of recommendations;
- Conduct monitoring and evaluation studies;
- Assist in the coordination of field team;
- Lead training on new projects and research tools with field teams;
- Conduct field research in the form of FGDs, KIIs, case studies, observations, and surveys;
- Assist in business development including conceptualization of new research studies, proposal writing, and strategic planning;
- Organize project files, data, and documents;
- Attend meetings with project partners;
- Strengthen team dynamics;
- Provide research mentorship for the junior researchers;
- Develop articles for publication;
- Undertake continuing professional development and participate in national and international workshops;
- Establish collaborative links with international professional organizations.
How to apply :
- To apply, send your CV (including links to publications) and letter of motivation explaining what you can contribute to CRD to [email protected]g
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.