USAID Energy SecurityProject
in Gas Measurements and Gas Infrastructure
The Energy Security Project (ESP) is a five-year project funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), implemented by Tetra Tech, a California-based leading provider of services in the areas of water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
The ESP mission is to enhance Ukraine’s energy security, to improve the energy legal and regulatory environment in the country, and to increase the resilience of Ukraine’s energy supply. This will help to support country’s economic development and sustain its democracy. ESP is working closely with the Government of Ukraine (GOU) to develop competitive energy markets. By doing so, ESP will facilitate private sector-led energy investments to provide affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure energy for all Ukrainians.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. is looking to fill the position of Standardization Expert in Gas Measurements and Gas Infrastructure to help and support the Gas Team in implementation of Ukraine’s new gas market including the harmonization of gas market rules of Ukraine with the EU internal market. This is the short-term position under services or consultancy agreements.
- Adoption of International and European gas standards as national standards:
- Providing translation and scientific and technical editing;
- Providing terminology analysis;
- Preparing final draft of national standard, identical to international standard;
- Supporting the standard in Technical Committee and NSB.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Master’s degree or equivalent in Economics, Energy, Engineering, Metrology, Physics, Linguistics, and/or other related fields is required;
- Member of relevant Ukrainian Technical Committee(s) is a plus;
- Experience in national adoption of international and European Standards.
- Minimum 7 years of proven experience in the Gas & Energy sector (engineering, metering, gas analysis, standardization, metrology and/or other related fields) is required.
- Experience supporting USAID or other donor-funded energy projects in Ukraine or abroad is a plus;
- Ability to build effective relationships with peers, supervisors, clients, and stakeholders;
- Fluency in English (reading, writing) is required.
- Please submit a CV in English and a cover letter with the title of the position in the subject line to [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
There is no deadline associated with this position, Tetra Tech may fill the position when a qualified person is found.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.