Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is looking for a qualified professional to fill the position of a
Technical Adviser (Full time, 100%) in Kiev
for the project Energy Efficiency Fund Ukraine (S2I)
Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) is implementing technical assistance projects funded by the Germany Ministry of Environment (BMU) through the International Climate Initiative (IKI). The focus of the projects concerned is on energy efficiency in residential buildings and low-carbon transformation of municipal utility infrastructure.
The project “Support of the Ukraine Energy Efficiency Fund (EEF) and the climate-friendly Reform Agenda (S2I)” supports set-up and operations of Ukraine Energy Efficiency Fund (EEF). One of the project’s major objectives include capacity development of the EEF Technical Office, its technical expertise and know-how. The latter is expected to contribute to the quality of the EEF products and services as well as project pipeline and uptake. it renders to its applicants – home-owner associations (HoAs). The project also contributes to the capacity building of the technical office implementing so-called ‘First Movers’ program. To the date 5 HoAs are at a different stage of complex refurbishment.
The projects aim to provide technical support to prepare infrastructure projects eligible for funding. The residential building stock, district heating facilities, municipal water supply and wastewater facilities have been identified as sectors of intervention.
- Coordinates and implements projects’ activities related to planning and implementation of complex refurbishment projects in HoAs under the “First Movers” program;
- Serves as the contact person for home-owner associations (HoAs) supported by the project under the “First Movers” program;
- Serves as a contact person for projects’ stakeholders for all questions related to cooperation with HoAs and technical service providers as well as implementation of energy efficiency measures;
- Implements projects’ activities related to capacity development of the EEF Technical Office;
- Serves as the main contact person for the EEF Technical Office on technical and engineering request and matters;
- Supports projects’ activities related to planning low-carbon modernization of municipal utility infrastructure, incl. district heating facilities, municipal water supply and wastewater facilities;
- Supports projects’ activities related to hydraulic modelling of district heating systems;
- Provides experts assessments and opinion on technical issues (modernization of buildings and municipal infrastructure) upon request of the German Ministry of Environment;
- Backstops and provides quality control of the services delivered by external consultants;
- Organizes capacity development trainings, information events and workshops.
- is responsible for preparing and conducting project activities and carries out other activities required for implementing the projects;
- conceptualizes capacity development activities targeted at projects’ stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- plans and coordinates technical advisory services provided by the projects;
- assists national and international subcontractors in carrying out their work;
- regularly consults with the GIZ project director and other team members;
- prepares and follows-up on meetings with projects’ stakeholders and beneficiaries;
- initiates and follows-up on trainings, information events and workshops provided by the project
- is responsible for complex refurbishment of HoAs both under the “First Movers” program;
- arranges information and awareness raising activities for HoAs. This includes, but is not limited to, application to the EEF, managing services delivered by energy auditors, project designers and architects, as well as construction companies.
- coordinates services provided to HoAs by beforementioned service providers;
- consolidates, evaluates, and assesses information and lessons learnt under the “First Movers” program, and provides them to the projects’ stakeholders;
- develops recommendations for the EEF and MinRegion how to improve the legislation, operational procedures and program of the EEF as well as customer experience of applicants to the EEF;
- Compiles information on projects’ activities, deliverables and findings and ensures knowledge transfer and exchange;
- Draws up reports, briefings, summaries and presentation;
- Masters/MSc or doctorate in Natural Resource Management, Energy Management, Energy Engineering, Architecture or a related field
- At least 3 years professional experience in energy efficiency in buildings and/or municipal utilities;
- Proven experience in district heating modelling and planning;
- Proven experience in water supply and/or wastewater management;
- Proven experience in municipal infrastructure management and/or upgrade;
- Preferably experience working in international organizations in the field of energy efficiency and municipal infrastructure, primarily in the international development cooperation sector;
- Practical experience working with HoAs, technical service providers or similar stakeholders is required;
- Good knowledge of an existing network, best practices and regulations in the fields of construction, project design, building materials and equipment as well as technical services.
- High proficiency in written and spoken Ukrainian and English. German knowledge should be aspired if not yet existent;
- Excellent communication and coordination skills;
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications;
- Basic understanding of technical assistance in a local context in Ukraine;
- Keen interest in the field of international cooperation for sustainable development in Ukraine with a focus on climate action and energy efficiency.
Full-time position with 40-hours working week. The contract duration is till 31.10.2021 – with a possibility of extension.
Regular travels Ukraine-wide are to be expected under business as usual scenario (i.e. when travel restrictions are lifted).
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- Application comprising of the candidate’s CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to [email protected] until 27 December 2020.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.