Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking a qualified professional for the project “EU4Skills” to fill the positions of the
Technical Advisor for Vocational Education and Training (VET) reform implementation (full time, Kyiv)
The Multi-Donor-Action EU4Skills aims at supporting the Ministry of Education and Science in the reform of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) sector in Ukraine. The reform foresees to operationalize the National Qualification Framework, improve the quality of training and establish an independent assessment and certification system. The objective is to improve the attractiveness and quality of VET and increase the relevance to the labour market. A focus in the reform implementation will be put on selected focus regions across Ukraine, which should be turned into reference models for illustrating the VET reform.
Area of responsibilities
As a Technical Advisor for EU4Skills, with focus on standard, curricula and assessment standard development in VET area, you work under the direct supervision of the Head of Unit of the VET Reform Implementation on National Level. You will be responsible for:
- Strengthen the capacity of the National Qualification Agency (NQA) and other responsible bodies for the development, implementation and assessment of qualifications in VET
- Support of the consultancy services implementation in the area of the National Qualification Framework (NQF) for the VET relevant levels and other VET topics, e.g. assessment, standard and curricula development
Within the area of responsibilities, the Technical Advisor will, among other duties, be required to:
- Strengthen the capacity development of the National Qualification Agency (NQA) and other key organisations in VET reform
- Coordination of advisory activities on different VET topics, e.g. standard development, introduction of a competency-based assessment system, the National and Sectoral Qualification Framework
- Prepare and moderate thematic workshops in cooperation with partner ministries, institutions, employers and other relevant stakeholders
- Development of terms of references for international and national experts
- Supervise and coordinate missions of international and national experts
- Development of technical presentations on programme related topics and different programme activities
- Contribute to communication, monitoring and reporting of EU4Skills
- Requirements to candidates
- Master’s Degree in Vocational Education and Training or an equivalent qualification, e.g. in economics or social sciences
- Professional experience in the VET sector with a focus on competence-based education and training
- Experiences in working with the GIZ or/and other international organisations
- Excellent analytic skills, high ability of organisation and co-ordination
- Excellent communication, facilitation and moderation skills
- Strong reporting and monitoring skills
- English: good command written and spoken would be an advantage. Russian and Ukrainian are required
- Very good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Good self-organisation skills, customer and service-oriented attitude.
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed.
- Ability to work under pressure and to travel to regions
Full-time position with 40-hours working week until 30th of June 2022. Readiness to travel within the relevant regions is required.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
- We are looking forward to your application by e-mail ([email protected] )comprising your CV and a cover letter explaining your motivation to apply for the job until 21.01.2021.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.