Are you interested in helping develop Swedish-Ukrainian relations, with a strong focus on security policy, supporting reforms, and promoting Ukraine’s European integration based on democracy, human rights and the rule of law? Do you thrive in small teams where flexibility, multiple tasks and responding to quickly changing circumstances are part of the working day? If so, the Swedish Embassy in Kyiv has a career opportunity for you.
- Research, analysis and reporting about political developments in Ukraine, with a focus on domestic politics, the reform agenda and security policy;
- Delivering regular media briefs;
- Maintaining and expanding a network in political circles, civil society, media and the international community;
- Helping arrange visits for Swedish ministers, senior officials and parliamentarians;
- Preparing and organizing meetings and events for the political section and Ambassador.
Required qualifications and skills
- Academic background in a relevant field (such as political science, journalism, economics, law);
- At least five years of relevant working experience;
- Strong verbal and written communications skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- A deep understanding of and interest in Ukrainian domestic and foreign policy;
- Analytical, networking and organizational skills;
- Proven ability to prioritize and to deliver on time;
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural office, flexibility and team spirit.
Additional qualifications considered as a merit
- Experience of working for an embassy, international organization or NGO;
- An extensive network within Ukrainian society, notably government, media, academia, civil society and business.
Terms and conditions
This is a full-time contract with 37,5 working hours per week from Monday to Friday. The successful candidate will be subject to a professional background check and satisfactory security clearance, with a probation period of six calendar months. Staff recruited locally are subject to terms and conditions according to Ukrainian employment law and Swedish MFA guidance for local staff.
How to apply:
- Qualified candidates are asked to submit a formal application letter and a CV by e-mail to [email protected];
- Please mark your application with: APPLICATION – POLITICAL OFFICER;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Questions regarding the position can be directed by e-mail to: [email protected]
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail & application letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
- Application deadline: February 21, 2020
The Swedish Embassy in Kyiv is a dynamic organization with a motivated team comprising both Swedish diplomats and locally employed staff. One of the Embassy’s main tasks is to represent and promote Swedish and European political and economic interests in Ukraine.
Our Embassy is committed to equal opportunities in our staff policy, and does not discriminate on the grounds of gender, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation or identity, or disability.