The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Department for International Trade roles (DIT)
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities)
Due to COVID-19, you may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign. We are working hard to minimise any disruption. You may find more information in the Additional Information section below.
The British Embassy in Kyiv is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Trade Development Advisor Department for International Trade (DIT).
As a Trade Development Advisor DIT you will be responsible to promote UK exports of goods and services to Ukraine in the agricultural sector and assist on execution of the EECAN-wide campaign in Agriculture and Food & Drink. The position holder will plan and deliver targeted campaigns and activities (e.g. trade missions, seminars) in order to promote UK goods and services in Agri-tech and Food & drink sectors. Also the Trade Development Advisor will meet Business Plan targets, including charges for services and export wins.
- Achieve export wins in Agri tech and Food&Drink sectors by matching the UK offer with local demand
- Identify commercial opportunities for UK companies on the basis of market research and analysis. Advise British businesses on such opportunities. Act as a point of contact for British businesses/investors wishing to explore opportunities in Ukraine
- Plan and deliver targeted campaigns and activities (e.g. trade missions, seminars) in order to promote UK goods and services in Agri tech and Food& Drink sectors. Meet Business plan targets, including charges for services and export wins
- Develop a strong network of contacts among farmers, agri-holdings and food retailers and facilitate introductions to further UK business interests
- Assist the regional lead officer on execution and coordination of the Regional trade promotion campaign in Agriculture and Food & Drink sectors
- Actively explore any market access barriers for UK goods and services and jointly with the MA officer propose remedy plans
- Business problems and disputes – monitoring and supporting ongoing company cases involving British investors in Ukraine
- Ensuring that DIT data hub information and statistics are kept to date
- Contributing to Embassy wide initiatives and events
- other duties as delegated by the Director/ Deputy
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
Desirable qualifications, skills and experience
- Experience in project management is an advantage
- An understanding of the UK agricultural sector
- Knowledge of Ukrainian customs procedures and regulations
Seeing the Big Picture, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
23 May 2021
Type of Position
Fixed term, with possibility of renewal
Working hours per week
Europe, Eastern Europe & Central Asia
Type of Post
Number of vacancies
Starting monthly salary (USD)
1 July 2021
30 June 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment
This is a maternity leave cover fixed-term contract of 12 months with posibility of extension for 40 working hours per week including 1 hour per day for lunch.
The start date mentioned in the advert is just an expected start date. The appointment can start earlier or later depending on several factors.
British Embassy Kyiv will provide a full induction.
The British Government offers a large number of training courses on a wide range of subjects. These include DIT International Trade Profession, sector knowledge-building courses, performance management and leadership courses, diversity and inclusion. Several civil service courses are mandatory for new entrants e.g data handling, security related courses.
All applicants should have the right to live and work in Ukraine. The British Embassy does not sponsor work permits.
The successful candidate will be subject to professional background and security clearance.
Staff recruited locally by the British Embassy in Kyiv is subject to Terms and Conditions of Service according to local Ukrainian employment law.
Please note that the deadline for applications is 23:55 on the day mentioned in the above field “Application deadline”.
We advise you to allow enough time to complete and submit your full application, since only applications completed and submitted before the deadline will be considered.
Please be aware that the deadline for submitting applications is considered to be the time zone for the country where the vacancy has arisen.
Please be advised that British Diplomatic Missions will not be able to meet the travel costs incurred when travelling to the interview, nor the costs connected with relocation if offered a position.
*Please refer to the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages”. We are looking for a C1 level or equivalent. CEFR indicates Level C1 as mastery or proficiency level which can understand a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning. Can express him/herself fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions. Can use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes. Can produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices. For more information please click on the following link CEFR. Please bear in mind in case you are invited for an interview your languages skills are going to be assessed.
Additional Information (due to COVID 19):
- You may experience some delay in the progress of this recruitment campaign and we are working hard to minimise any disruption;
- Interviews will be done remotely if the existing situation determines this to be the right course of action;
- Starting date may be delayed depending on circumstances at the time and it will be agreed with the selected candidate.
Please be aware that you will only be able to apply to vacancies for Local Staff roles with the British Government through this official tal.net site (operated by Oleeo). Jobs may be advertised on third party websites, however our adverts will always link back to the official tal.net site. If you complete and send an application through any other site, we will not receive it.
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate (on the application form – by choosing the ‘other’ and filling the blank and in your cover letter how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you heard about this position.