Open to Internal and External Candidates
|Position Title||:||Counter-Trafficking (CT) Reintegration Specialist|
|Duty Station||:||Kyiv, Ukraine|
|Classification||:||General Service Staff, Grade G5|
|Type of Appointment||:||Fixed-term, one year with possibility of extension|
|Estimated Start Date||:||As soon as possible|
|Closing Date||:||04 October 2019|
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall guidance the Chief of Mission and the direct supervision of the Counter-Trafficking Programme Coordinator, the successful candidate will perform the tasks associated with the implementation of the IOM Ukraine Counter-Trafficking (CT) programme.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Implement counter-trafficking activities, providing logistical support with the drafting project reports, assessment/monitoring trip reports, progress and final reports for internal IOM use and/or for submission to donors.
- Implement the overall services within the framework of IOM’s Counter-Trafficking Program for victims of trafficking.
- Facilitate the development of rescuing mechanisms, including the development of Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), for citizens of Ukraine victims of trafficking as appropriate.
- Provide feedback information to IOM missions at the countries of destination about individual victims as necessary.
- Liaise, promote information exchange and program cooperation with partners non-governmental organizations & key governmental institutions, law enforcement.
- Develop and maintain a databank of key partners and their coordinates thereof.
- Maintenance of appropriate statistical data in relation to counter trafficking activities and maintenance of confidentiality of information and records at all times.
- Liaise with the IOM mission in the country of destination in the framework of voluntary returning of trafficked victim to Ukraine and law enforcement cooperation.
- Maintaining victim case files, using both a computerized (database) and manual filing system.
- Monitor NGOs partners who provide reintegration assistance.
- Conduct trainings on best practices in identification and reintegration of the VoTs for Ukrainian and international partners.
- Organize trainings and seminars for lawyers to improve access of VoTs to the legal assistance.
- Maintain and keep the IOM Counter-Trafficking Database (MIMOSA) up to date and to generate statistical reports periodically and upon request.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school degree with at least 5 years of professional work experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, Law and International Relations and any other relevant subjects with at least three years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in project implementation including administrative and budgetary aspects as well as monitoring and evaluation. Work experience in the areas of counter trafficking in human being and migration is a strong advantage.
- Previous work experience in IOM, a UN agency, non-governmental organization, or international organization is required.
- Experience in liaison and cooperation with governmental authorities and UN partners is required.
- Proficiency in computer skills, especially in MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word etc.) and experience in working with databases and online applications is required.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history or iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_2016.xls) to [email protected] by 04 October 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 20.09.2019 to 04.10.2019