Open to Internal and External Candidates
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission and Senior Resource Management Officer, the direct supervision of the National Procurement and Logistics Officer, the Procurement and Logistics Assistant will be responsible for providing necessary support in matters of the procurement, administrative and assets management of the IOM Mission in Ukraine.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Actively participate in the implementation of procurement processes of assigned procurement transactions in support of the general project implementation activities and general administrative needs of the mission. This includes but not limited to drafting of procurement documents such as Request for Quotations, Request for Proposals, Instruction to Bidders, Bids and Awards Evaluation Committee Resolutions, etc.; sourcing potential vendors/service providers and evaluating their qualifications vis-à-vis the requirement of the mission; evaluation of bids/quotations/proposals, ensuring that they are compliant to the requirements of the mission; and negotiating with vendors, ensuring that the requirements of the mission are fully satisfied.
- Assist the National Procurement and Logistics Officer in identifying and assessing different procurement strategies and options and their associated risks. Provide input to the National Procurement and Logistics Officer on possible risk mitigation measures that may be considered in processing procurement transactions.
- Ensure full compliance to IOM Procurement Policy and the mission instruction for procurement in processing of assigned procurement transactions.
- Play a key role in the asset administration of the mission, ensuring the mission’s assets are managed in accordance to IOM rules and regulations governing the Organization’s assets and the mission instruction for asset administration. Conduct bi-annual physical asset count, updating of the asset master records and the Asset Assignment Form files.
- Prepare and submit all asset-related reports to the mission, regional office and the Central Accounting Service.
- Assist in the formulation and updating of warehouse business processes including inventory management, pipeline tracking system, receipt and release of goods, and general upkeep of the warehouse.
- Ensure timely and proper entering and updating of procurement transactions into PRISM FI as well as the proper maintenance of procurement files including but not limited to updated Purchase Order or PO files, procurement contracts, supporting procurement documents, etc.
- Work with the mission lawyers and the contract review unit of the Legal Services Unit (LEG), in ensuring that all procurement contracts signed by the mission are properly reviewed and cleared by LEG. Ensure that all physical copies of the contract bear the official checklist or approval code provided by LEG and signed copies are sent accordingly to LEG Contract Review Unit.
- Provide administrative and logistical support in shipment/customs, brokerage related, staff relocation issues, and IOM activities including organization of conferences, training events, workshops, retreats, humanitarian aids.
- Monitor the proper implementation of logistics support services needed by the mission including facility maintenance, maintenance and operation of the fleet of mission vehicles, etc.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent with at least five years of relevant work experience
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) (preferably in the field of logistics, general administration, business or finance) with at least three years of professional work experience.
- Experience in procurement especially gained from humanitarian organization;
- Experience in general warehouse operation;
- Experience in using enterprise resource planning systems (e.g., SAP) an advantage;
- Familiar with VAT exemption processes;
- Good vendor contact within Kyiv and Donbass region.
Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian is required.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following technical and behavioural competencies
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this special vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and security clearances.
A prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station and work permit, as applicable.
This vacancy is open to internal and external candidates.
How to apply:
- Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications on IOM Personal History Form (http://iom.org.ua/en/personal_history or iom.org.ua/sites/default/files/personal_history_form_0.xls) to [email protected] by 21 August 2019 at the latest, referring to this advertisement in the subject line of your message.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your e-mail where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you discovered this job posting.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 07.08.2019 to 21.08.2019