Urban Development Corruption Risks Consultant for NACP
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, peace and stability, governance and anti-corruption. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Kenya, Indonesia, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Ukraine, Colombia and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with organizations across all sectors of international development to support clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program to national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information on MSI, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative that has an objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance in Ukraine. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anticorruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only Ukrainian citizens are eligible for this position**
SACCI provides support to the key national corruption prevention institution – National Agency for Corruption Prevention (NACP), including strengthening its corruption prevention function. The Consultant will support NACP in identifying corruption risks in Architecture, City Planning & Development, Construction area, establishing their sources and developing recommendations on the corruption risks reduction or elimination. Findings of the Consultant’s work will ensure NACP holistic approach to corruption risks and anti-corruption programs policy implementation; and will serve as a baseline for anti-corruption policy making in various state authorities and track changes in corruption risks over time. The Consultant will work under supervision of the designated NACP official and will report to respective SACCI project manager. This is the STTA position with the expected level of effort is up to 65 expert days.
- Conduct corruption risk assessment in Architecture, City Planning & Development, Construction field, followed by preparation of two detailed sectoral reports,
- Effectively and promptly assist in anti-corruption assessment of draft legislation in the mentioned above field if submitted to Verkhovna Rada and the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine; peer-review of the draft opinions prepared by NACP,
- Assist in preparation of the Final Report containing Corruption Risk Maps in Architecture, City Planning & Development, and Construction,
- Provide other assistance in building NACP corruption risk assessment system and strengthening respective institutional capacity.
- MA Degree or higher in Science, Engineering, Political Science, Law or other relevel field is required,
- Over 3 years of professional experience in conducting corruption and or/integrity risk assessment, institutional review in the field of Architecture, City Planning & Development, Construction,
- Extensive conceptual and practical knowledge of state and local government operating processes including regulations on licensing, inspections and other that are prone to corruption in the field of Architecture, City Planning & Development, Construction,
- Experience in drafting concepts and other policy documents,
- Demonstrated ability of analytical and report drafting work,
- Experience working and collaborating with stakeholders including government, local self-governance, civil society and communities,
- Fluency in Ukrainian is required
*Deadline for applying for this position – February 5, 2021, 18:00 Kyiv time*
Please use Internet Explorer when submitting your application
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.