Chief of Party
- Senior-Level, Field Assignment
- Posted on June 16, 2020
- Chemonics International
- Kyiv, Ukraine
- Closing on July 15, 2020
Chemonics seeks a chief of party for the anticipated USAID-funded Furthering Health System Reforms in Ukraine (FHSR) activity. The primary purpose of this project is to support the ongoing efforts of the Government of Ukraine and its civil society partners to achieve a transparent, accountable, and effective health care system that is capable of meeting the health needs of the Ukrainian people. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for helping people lead healthy lives around the world.
- Provide leadership, management, and technical direction to personnel, consultants, subcontractors, and project activities, critically facilitating implementation, monitoring and evaluation, reporting, and partner coordination
- Oversees activity strategic planning, performance management and communications including timely preparation of the annual implementation plan;
- Develops and maintain productive partnerships with USAID, key stakeholders, civil society, private sector, the general public, and other donors;
- Responsible for overall and direct implementation of activities, and ensures all project technical assistance is high quality, technically sound and appropriate;
- Remains abreast of ongoing health reform efforts and worldwide best practices and innovations;
- Supervises senior management team, staff, consultants, and partner organizations to achieve expected results;
- Ensures compliance with USAID, USG and GOU laws, regulations, policies and procedures;
- Other tasks as required to achieve the activity Objectives and Expected Results.
- Advanced degree in public health, health policy, health economics, or related discipline preferred;
- Minimum 8 years of demonstrated experience implementing activities addressing health system reform issues, with a minimum of 4 years of experience managing and providing technical assistance in a key area of health reform;
- Track record of progressively responsible managerial experience managing a complex portfolio that includes activities related to health reform;
- Prior experience in working with international donors in Ukraine, Central and Eastern Europe, or the former Soviet Union;
- Demonstrated track record of building and effectively managing a strong team;
- Proven ability to establish strong working relationships with officials at all relevant levels of host country governments as well as other key stakeholders;
- Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English including oral presentation skills;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and/or Russian preferred.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/ukrainejobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The protection of your personal data is important to Chemonics. If you are located in the EU, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process your personal data. Candidates will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity/ Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will received consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, or protected veteran status, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
REQUEST from ViU:
- vacanciesinukraine.com will appreciate it if you can SHARE this job announcement on social media as we provide our services for FREE for both job seekers and job providers.