The National Democratic Institute for International Affairs (NDI) is a non-profit organization working to strengthen democracy worldwide. NDI programs are supported by the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), UK, Sweden, Canada, the National Endowment for Democracy (NED) and other donors.
NDI-Ukraine is currently seeking to fill the position at Program Officer level for its Women’s Political Participation Program. This is a full time position reporting to the Program Manager. The position is based in Kyiv with distance work within Ukraine for the period of quarantine and may require some local travel once the quarantine restrictions are lifted.
This position is subject to funding availability.
NDI Women’s Political Participation Program is aimed at promoting the benefits of gender equality and combating gender stereotypes, motivating and ensuring that women are prepared to take up positions of appointed and elected office, increasing the visibility of women in politics, supporting legislative initiatives that promote gender equality in politics, promoting gender-responsive governance at the local level, and combating violence against women in politics.
The Program Officer will fully support the implementation of NDI’s women’s political participation program activities under the primary direction of the Program Manager. The Program Officer provides analytical, programmatic and administrative support to NDI’s gender equality work.
Job Title: Women’s Political Participation Program Officer, NDI Ukraine
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Political Science, Sociology, International Affairs, Public Administration or related field. Focus on gender studies strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated interest in Ukraine’s reform, political processes, advancement of gender equality, women’s political participation, and citizen engagement;
- At least three years of progressively responsible work experience in a related field;
- Experience with developing, designing and/or delivering educational or training programs is preferred;
- Subgrants management skills preferred, including reporting, communication with subgrantees, and financial management;
- Strong interpersonal, communication and networking skills, and a demonstrated ability to build and maintain professional relationships with program partners such as CSO leaders, representatives of the national and local governments, and donors;
- Experience working to promote inclusion, especially of women and other underrepresented groups is desirable;
- Good understanding of the political landscape in Ukraine, an ability to identify opportunities and challenges for gender equality work;
- Strong writing skills with the ability to present clear and concise analysis;
- Demonstrated initiative and leadership skills;
- Demonstrated success working in a team environment;
- Ability to work in an organized manner and meet deadlines;
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English;
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Programs, Google Suite, database management).
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to management and implementation of NDI’s Women’s Political Participation Program in Ukraine;
- Contribute to the development of the program’s strategic documents – subgrant proposals, work plans, M&E plans, and regular weekly and quarterly reports;
- Manage and support NDI subgrants to CSOs;
- Contribute to program narrative and financial reporting including coordination of program partners’ reporting process;
- Organise, facilitate and conduct training sessions, meetings, workshops, events to develop capacities of program partners and promote gender equality;
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication on the program within Kyiv- and DC-based program teams;
- Develop and track monthly program and activity budgets. Ensure compliance of program expenses with financial procedures and regulations;
- Provide oversight, training, and guidance to junior program staff;
- Develop and manage relationships and communication with implementing partners and stakeholders;
- Undertake other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Interested applicants should submit CVs and motivation letters as one file in a PDF format in English by email to the following email address: u[email protected] . Please, indicate the position of Women’s Political Participation Program Officer in the subject line of the e-mail.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
NDI offers a competitive package of remuneration and benefits.
Deadline: The deadline for the submission of the required documents is May 13, 2021. Only selected candidates will be invited for the written test and successful finalists will be invited for an interview.
NDI welcomes and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. As such, our commitment is to promote equal employment opportunities for all applicants seeking employment and employees. NDI makes employment decisions based on organizational needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to any grounds such as age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression etc.