FHI 360 is currently recruiting for the position of Workforce Development Associate for the USAID/Ukraine Economic Resilience Activity. The Workforce Development Associate will be required to be based in Donetsk Oblast or Luhansk Oblast.
The purpose of the Ukraine Economic Resilience Activity is to improve the overall
economic resilience of Eastern Ukraine in response to Russian aggression, which has disrupted
critical market linkages, catalyzed the economic decline of previously dominant industries, and
caused massive population disruption. Resilience is “the ability of people, households,
communities, countries, and systems to mitigate, adapt to, and recover from shocks and stresses
in a manner that reduces chronic vulnerability and facilitates inclusive growth.” This activity
aims to improve the economic resilience of Eastern Ukraine through accomplishing the
- Objective 1: Improve the Economic Growth Prospects of Eastern Ukraine
- Objective 2: Integrate and Link the Eastern Ukraine Economy into Ukrainian, European
Union (EU), and other international markets
- Objective 3: Build Confidence in the Future of the Eastern Ukraine Economy
Reforming and supporting human capital resources in the region will be a key part of achieving
Objective 2. FHI 360 will help workers in Eastern Ukraine adapt old skills to new industries and develop new workers prepared for the industries that will drive the region’s future; facilitate partnerships between the universities, investors, and businesses to develop and deliver education and training appropriate to employers’ needs; assist selected universities to redirect programs and curricula to be more relevant to the long-term needs of the region; and work with informal education institutions, such as training centers, co-working spaces, and other vocational schools to align their curricula with the needs of the region.
Under the guidance of the Project Director and Workforce Development Managers, and in close collaboration with project teams, the Workforce Development Associate will be a member of the team supporting the UERA project will provide Administrative, Operational, Financial, Contractual, and Technical support to the projects’ team. These responsibilities will be in conjunction with other related program objectives and deliverables.
- Support the recruitment and hiring of consultants, ensuring proper competition of positions and drafting consultant assignment agreements based on scopes of work and budgets provided by the technical staff.
- Provide backstopping operational and logistic support to project field staff, such as organizing events, etc.
- Support project development and implementation by scheduling meetings, note taking, drafting correspondence, maintaining filing systems, assisting in reproduction and photocopying, mailing, and responding to inquiries.
- Provide support to grants management, nurture grant relationships, including grants’ document collection, audits, inventories, grants closeouts and translation.
- Update various trackers and calendars for procurement, partners, consultants, payments, and maintain various programmatic trackers for upcoming activities, work plans, and donor submissions.
- Conducting general research and support technical delivery as needed.
- Collect, compile, and analyze information relevant to the program.
- Serve as the liaison for internal units, such as finance, contracts, procurement, and travel.
- Support Home Office and Field teams to provide high-quality program deliverables such as writing and editing reports, work plans, and grant documents.
- Maintain track of consultants LOE, deliverables, etc.
- Support translation of technical documents and deliverables to English and Ukrainian as requested by technical team.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in related field is required, and an advanced degree is preferred.
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience, and prior experience in working with NGOs (especially NGOs working in economic empowerment and workforce development) is preferred.
- Knowledge of Ukraine’s socio-economic context and willingness to learn from technical experts.
- Experience in organizational development, administration development programs, and/or complex projects preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID-funded programs is encouraged.
- Must possess appropriate interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and communication skills to satisfy the requirements of the position.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office suite software.
- Ability to problem solve and recommend corrective action as needed.
- Strong organizational and attention detail needed to adhere to project deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and resolve problems/issues to bring project to completion
Typical Physical Demands:
Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-50 lbs.
Technology to be Used:
Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
This job posting summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law.
FHI 360 fosters the strength and health of its workforce through a competitive benefits package, professional development and policies and programs that support a healthy work/life balance. Join our global workforce to make a positive difference for others — and yourself.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.