Youth Engagement Program Manager,
Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine
The Support to Anti-Corruption Champion Institutions (SACCI) Program in Ukraine is a five-year USAID initiative with the objective to assist Ukraine to reduce corruption and increase the accountability and transparency of governance. The program seeks to empower key government institutions to fight corruption, build public support for and engagement in anti-corruption effort, and reduce citizen tolerance to corruption.
**Please note: Only citizens of Ukraine are eligible for this position**
The Youth Engagement Program Manager (YEPM) will be responsible for designing and implementation of the activities under SACCI Objective Area 3 (Public tolerance of corrupt practices reduced) Expected Result 3.2 (Youth increasingly reject corruption as social norm). The YEPM will manage activities implemented by SACCI and its grantees aimed at promoting a culture of zero tolerance to corruption among youth between the ages of 15 and 24. The YEPM will manage activities under relevant grants, coordinate cooperation with civil society organizations and youth groups, international donors and projects as well as governmental partner institutions including the Ministry of Education and Science, the Ministry of Youth and Sports, the National Agency for Corruption Prevention and the Educational Ombudsman. The YEPM will manage and mentor the Youth Engagement Program Coordinator. The Manager will also ensure engagement of youth groups and activists and civil society organizations into SACCI’s extra-curricular civic education activities and anti-corruption events and initiatives. The YEPM will report to the Civic Engagement and Public Outreach Lead (CEPOL) on all technical matters and the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and Chief of Party (COP) on administrative matters.
- Design, implement, and supervise SACCI’s anti-corruption initiatives for youth groups
- Train and mentor the constituency-based non-governmental actors to engage youth and target groups in anti-corruption activities
- Assess youth awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities in Ukraine
- Translate findings into SACCI activity programming
- Maintain strong relationships and cooperation with relevant beneficiaries and stakeholders
- Network with the constituency-based non-governmental actors that work in anti-corruption-related and youth development areas
- Facilitate communication within the networks through social media, newsletters, and other innovative channels
- Lead research and analytical activities on youth awareness and engagement in anti-corruption activities
- Conduct field visits to SACCI partner and grantee locations as needed
- Contribute to the design of the SACCI grants program to attract youth and education-oriented CSOs
- Participate in the selection and planning process
- Provide technical oversight and quality assurance of the grantees’ projects
- Develop high-quality SACCI project documents and deliverables as well as analytical research in other areas
- Collaborate with USAID and other development stakeholders to design and implement anti-corruption activities
- Collaborate with the SACCI team to achieve results and reach targets
- Implement other relevant activities and tasks as required
- Foster an atmosphere of teamwork productivity, creativity, fairness, equity, innovation and support for diversity
- Bachelor’s degree in public administration, political science, communications, or other relevant areas is required, master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of experience in project management, engagement with CSOs, and event planning
- Knowledge and experience working on issues related to community engagement in anti-corruption activities such as public awareness and social accountability of youth
- Familiarity with the Ukraine anti-corruption reform agenda
- Prior experience with USAID or other donor-funded projects is considered a plus
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Fluency in Ukrainian and proficiency in English required
*Deadline for applying for this position – April 26, 2021*
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.
Reasonable Accommodations: MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please email [email protected] with “Reasonable Accommodations” in the title. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your cover/motivation letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.