- Highest Degree Level Master of Advanced Studies
- Total Year Experience 15
- Job Category Advisory, Advocacy, Analyst, Consultancy, Consulting Agency, Development Agency, Development/International Development, Diplomatic Mission, Expert, Human Rights, International Development, International Organization, Legal, NGO/Nonprofit/Charity/Humanitarian, Policy, Policy & public Policy, Program-Project Management/Evaluation, Security, Think Tank, UN, United Nations
- Job Locations Global/International, Kyiv, Ukraine
Over a decade of experience in programme management and advisory services gained with OSCE, UN, donor government and international NGO programmes in in Ukraine and the region, North America and Africa. Earned qualifications in international relations and in public policy under the Swiss government and the US Fulbright scholarships. A self-starter and quick-learner curious about new business and geographic areas.
- Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs, Syracuse University, USACertificate of Advanced Study, Leadership in International and Non-Governmental Organizations
Completed under a Fulbright scholarship (Hubert H. Humphrey Program)
- University of Geneva, SwitzerlandMaster of Advanced Studies, International and European Security
Completed under Swiss government Partnership for Peace scholarship
- UNDP UkraineExpert on Humanitarian Response Coordination, Crisis Coordination and Management in Ukraine Project
· rnProviding advice to the Office ofrnPrime Minister, the Secretariat of the Cabinet of Ministers, and the StaternCommission on Safety and Emergencies in coordination of humanitarian and socio-economic responses to address the national crisis caused by the COVID-19 outbreak in Ukraine;
· rnAssisting Government in thernpreparation, development or refinement of the crisis response and recoveryrnplans;
· rnAssisting Government inrnmonitoring and analyses on crisis developments, disaster relief and emergencyrnmanagement related to the COVID-19 response and recovery;
· rnReviewing and providing advicernon policy issues for safeguarding humanitarian principles and ensuring therneffective delivery of humanitarian assistance and crisis response incorporatingrngender-related considerations;
· rnSupporting advocacy initiativesrnon issues impacting humanitarian needs and response efforts.
- Innohub Group Grant Manager
Supported the setting up of therngrant & tender management function at a foundation of startups accessingrninternational markets through:
· rnCoordinatingrnfundraising activities, grant and tender application processes;
· rnDevelopmentrnof proposals, concept notes, preparation of documents for bids in accordancernwith donor requirements;
· rnCoordinationrnof grant projects;
· rnWritingrnand editing project reports;
· rnCorrespondencernwith partners.
- Black & Veatch Special Projects Corp.Policy Specialist
· rnProvided policy advisoryrnsupport to the US Government’s integrating contractor implementing thernBiological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP) in Ukraine;
· rnSupported the development of Biosurveillance and Health Security initiatives under thernBiological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP) in Ukraine;
· rnContributed to the developmentrnof reports, assessments, analyses, and plans pertaining torncountry-level/regional efforts on biosurveillance and other Biological ThreatrnReduction Program (BTRP) objectives;
· rnAdvised the science team on thernintegration of policy aspects into human health and One Health objectives of thernBiological Threat Reduction Program.
- United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)Programme Officer
Supported the Head of Programme and Programme Office of UN Mine Action Service (UNMAS) within the Rule of Law and Security Institutions Group (ROLSIG), UN Assistance Mission in Somalia through:
Preparing briefs and talking points, political briefs and updates on the current political developments;
Drafting new projects and extensions of ongoing projects;
Producing and drafting routine and ad-hoc reports including but not limited to: weekly inputs for Senior Management Meeting, UN Secretary General report inputs, Weekly and Monthly report, UNMAS Annual report, UNMAS Factsheet and programme brief;
Preparing inputs for Quarterly Review, Annual Review and donor meetings;
Reviewing and updating the UNMAS Multi-Year Strategy and Theory of Change in coordination with Programme Management Office;
Supporting Programme Office with Annual Budget and Regular Budget submissions and follow up and monitoring the progress of donor-funded projects ensuring compliance with donor requirements on project activities;
Supporting Programme Office and Programme Management Office with budget tracking and monitoring & evaluation functions;
Liaising with UN partner agencies regarding peacekeeping mission support and the Sustainable Development Goals integration into the special political mission's programming;
Providing programme information to partner agencies and internal staff;
Supporting the Programme's front office in public information activities;
Leading and developing induction briefs and presentations;
Serving as Gender focal point at the UNMAS Somalia Programme Office.
- Center for Civilians in Conflict (CIVIC)Senior Project Officer - Ukraine
Worked with Country Director to ensure successful implementation of the European Union-funded project 'Building Capacity for the Protection of Civilians in Eastern Ukraine' meeting deliverables on time, within budget, and according to donor standards through:
Developing strategies for the project implementation;
Conducting advocacy activities;
Developing project planning documents for policy, advocacy, partner engagement, technical assistance to the government partners, coordination with international organizations and local civil society;
Overseeing and providing guidance for the project implementation at the regional level in eastern Ukraine;
Representing the organization with international organizations, government stakeholders, and NGOs promoting collaborations and partnerships;
Preparing reports on the project implementation and ideas for the country programme's development.
Conducted research and analysis for the 'Falling through the Cracks: Improving Ukraine's Assistance to Conflict-Affected Areas' project on the impact of armed conflict on livelihoods, communities and governance in eastern Ukraine.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)Project Manager
· rnManaged a portfolio of OSCE Project Co-ordinator in Ukraine's projects inrnaccordance with the performance-based programming & budgeting and projectrnmanagement standards through the project cycle including identification,rndevelopment including the preparation of project proposals and budgets,rnimplementation including monitoring, and evaluation informing future projectrnidentification;
· rnSupervised and conductedrnproject activities, selecting and overseeing consultants, implementing partnersrnand vendors; managing working groups, seminars, conferences, trainings, studyrntours, publications; supervising the project teams;
· rnEstablished and maintainedrnrelations with project partners, ensured coordination of planning and conductrnof projects with stakeholders inside and outside the organization, includingrnthrough the UN cluster system;
· rnPrepared project implementationrnreports as required by the donor institutions and headquarters;
· rnAssisted national stakeholdersrn(project beneficiaries) with reporting to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs andrnthe Ministry of Economy;
· rnSupported fundraising through needsrnassessments, donor visits and presentations, concept note and project idearndevelopment.
- Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)Project Management Assistant - Project Management Cell
· rnCoordinated with project heads,rnacross the Democratization and Good Governance, Rule of Law and Human Rights,rnand Economic, Environmental and Politico-Military programmes, the design,rnperformance, evaluation and reporting, budget, and logistics of projects throughoutrnthe entire project cycle on behalf of the Office of Head of Mission;
· rnMaintained programmerndocumentation systems and centralized project records;
· rnProvided administrative supportrnin grants management;
· rnConducted monitoring of projectrnactivities, collected and analyzed data for internal oversight, regulatoryrncompliance, project-management quality control, and project evaluations;
· rnDrafted public informationrnmaterials (press releases, news stories, factsheets), managed the mission’srnwebsite;
· rnPrepared political briefs andrnupdates on the current political developments.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers UkraineTranslator
· rnPerformed translation andrnediting services for audit and consulting projects.
- Ministry of Defence of UkraineStaff Officer
Planned and coordinated the implementation of NATO-Ukraine Individual Partnership and Partnership for Peace programmes by Ukrainian state institutions;
Prepared reports on the programme implementation;
Prepared contributions to the government strategic planning and review documents (white papers, strategic bulletins, directives);
Prepared briefs and talking points;
Performed translation and administrative support at conferences and official visits;
Planned and delivered trainings, directly managed up to 20 personnel.