Location: Kiev, Wider Europe, UA
Company: British Council
Pay band: H/4 pay band
Location: Kyiv Ukraine
Contract type: Indefinite
Requirements: Candidates must have the right to work and live in Ukraine
Closing date and time: Tuesday 02 March 23:59 Kyiv time
The British Council in Ukraine, a leading international cultural organization, is recruiting a full-time Accountant.
The purpose of this role: This role is responsible for the end to end accounting process in the country including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies. This is a supporting role in the Financial Controlling and Accounting process which is a key function in the new organisational structure emerging from the Financial Transparency recommendations.
Main opportunities/challenges for this role: The main challenges for this role are to be responsible for the direct support of the end to end accounting process in the country including month and year end close, and ensures consistent, accurate and robust financial accounting processes in line with accounting practices and corporate policies, to assist at the all internal processes of the preparation of the returns and analysis.
- Complete all financial tasks required for the financial month-end and year-end pre-closing steps and provide support as required for the financial month-end and year-end closing steps;
- Maintain financial records as per corporate policy and internal audit;
- Provide support as required with manual journals ensuring accuracy and compliance with relevant policies;
- Assist with reconciliation of all relevant accounts and ensure that this is completed to corporate standards;
- Complete Travel & Expenses audits as per policy addressing issues in a promptly manner, Vendor reconciliation and Invoice receipts audit which is based on the quarterly basis;
- To manage all cash payments made to vendors in Ukraine
- Invoice receipts procession in SAP and submission to GSD of all down payment requests;
- VAT Accounting: Checking and registering tax invoices. Ongoing work with the electronic VAT administration system.
Skills, experience and qualifications for the advertised vacancy:
Minimum / essential
- Qualified accountant/Finance graduate
- University degree or equivalent
- English not less than B1 level
- Ukrainian, Russian – native
Role Specific Skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in a similar role / Proved accounting experience;
- Experience in working with a diverse team;
- Experience of an ERP system;
- Experience with SAP, 1C, Medoc
- Strong knowledge of VAT Accounting and electronic VAT administration system
- Strong knowledge of Accounting and Tax accounting reporting
- Knowledge of local tax legislation and legal requirements to bookkeeping
- High experienced with Excel.
What we offer
- official employment
- 13th salary – annual bonus
- 14th salary as Terminal Gratuity
- Medical insurance fully paid for employees + coverage for family members
- 34 calendar days of annual leave
- Paid sick leave, special leave for volunteering
Candidates wishing to apply should fill out the on-line application form in MyHR system.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 02 March 2021.
The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and welcomes applicants from all sections of the community. We work to ensure that people are not unjustifiably discriminated against on the basis of age, disability, ethnicity, gender, religion or belief, sexual orientation or any other irrelevant grounds. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria The British Council took the 8th place in the ranking of the top 20 Ukrainian companies where young and ambitious Ukrainians want to work with. The survey was conducted by the international company Hay Group and included 573 Ukrainian and international companies operating in Ukraine. The results of the study indicate that the work in the British Council is the key to a successful career and the realization of professional and creative potential of employees.
The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC 1989
- To apply please follow this link https://vacanciesinukraine.com/jobs
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please specify (on the application form & in your cover letter) how (vacanciesinukraine.com) you have heard about this position.