IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $90 million, offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 400. We work in more than 100 countries worldwide.
IREX is seeking a qualified Communications Coordinator for the USAID-funded Ukraine UNITY (Mriemo ta diemo) program. The goal of UNITY is to foster vested ownership in a unified national Ukrainian identity that promotes democratic values, inclusion, and pluralism by empowering youth to meaningfully participate in civic and economic opportunities through enhanced skills and a positive enabling environment. The Communications Coordinator will work under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager and will be responsible for day-to-day activities in preparing written and graphic content for social media platforms and reports; compiling newsletters and maintaining a mass mailing database; and assisting in designing and implementing other communications activities.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain project’s brand awareness and online presence under the supervision of the Strategic Communications Manager
- Manage presence on social networking sites including monitoring, posting, and engaging in discussions where appropriate
- Prepare written and graphic content for social media platforms
- Contribute to the development of a social media strategy and draft social media content plan
- Monitor new trends in social media tools and platforms
- Collect and analyze social data/metrics
- Prepare monthly social media reports
- Co-design and implement social media campaigns and outreach activities
- Compile online newsletters and maintain mailing lists
- Create visuals and graphics for UNITY polling and other research data in conjunction with Strategic Communications Manager to ensure effectiveness of visual communication of data
- Participate in creative communications brainstorming sessions
- Maintain program’s photo and video archive
- Translate project materials into and from Ukrainian, English and Russian
- Collect information and draft program reports and other results related communication materials
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Ukrainian citizenship or residency with work authorization is required
- Degree in communications and/or another relevant field is preferred
- Over 3 years of experience of work in marketing, communications, or a related field
- Experience in managing social media accounts
- Experience working with Photoshop, Illustrator, and other related graphic media applications
- Experience in content design and creation
- Excellent communications skills, including ability to do public presentations
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Good command of spoken/written English, Ukrainian and Russian
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks in accordance with stated deadlines
- Able to work independently and as a team member with the ability to take initiative, meet deadlines, and be flexible
- Please send your cover letter and resume as an attachment in an email with “Communications Coordinator” in the subject line to [email protected]. Only complete applications will be considered. No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Application Deadline: February 24, 2021. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.
IREX conducts anti-terrorism database clearances on candidates who accept employment offers. IREX is also an E-Verify Employer.
IREX is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and inclusive hiring practice. IREX is an equal opportunity employer.