TITLE: Communications Intern
LOCATION: Kyiv, Ukraine (Podil)
REPORTS TO: Program manager
START DATE: May 5, 2021, for 3-6 months
ABA Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) is a non-profit organization that implements human rights and rule of law programs in roughly 50 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working internationally, engaging with a wide variety of stakeholders and partners including judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations.
ABA ROLI is seeking a Communications Intern to work 15 hours per week providing remote or in-office support for ABA ROLI’s Ukraine office. This role will provide support to the Program Manager and other staff in spearheading initiatives related to communications and developing strategic relations and partnerships opportunities with social media for branding and project visibility. The intern will support the team with topics of Internet Freedom and Social Cohesion.
- In collaboration with ABA ROLI colleagues, contributes to communication information systems such as public ABA ROLI program website, Facebook, etc.
- Draft and organize social media content;
- Develop print and social media products for briefing materials, fact sheets, one-pager success stories and sector summaries;
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and opportunities to share ABA ROLI stories with social media;
- Assist in providing technical support in communications to partner institutions as necessary;
- Conduct all business in a manner that respects local culture, always maintaining high ethical standards and avoiding conflicts of interest;
- Abide by all local laws and ABA ROLI policies;
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Completed or working toward a college degree preferably in related fields such as Communications, Journalism, Political Science, Law;
- Previous internship or related experience in communications is a plus;
- Competence and expertise in information and communications technology will be a distinct advantage;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in both Ukrainian and English;
- Ability to build and maintain productive working relationships with government, civil society, and other key stakeholders.
Interested applicants may submit their cover letter and CV with “Ukraine Communications Intern” in the email subject line by April 12, 2021, to [email protected].org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- To help us track our recruitment effort, please indicate in your email & cover letter where (vacanciesinukraine.com) you saw this job posting.