The Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine launches a Call for Proposals for Ukraine Civil Society Facility: advancing the role of civil society for better governance, human rights and culture. Funding is made available by the Civil Society Facility (CSF), the European Instrument for Democracy and Human Rights for Ukraine (EIDHR) and the Civil Society Organisations global programme.
Successful proposals will promote the role and capacities of civil society, including cultural operators, in better governance, human rights and cultural development democratic governance processes in Ukraine.
The deadline for the submission of concept notes is 14/08/2020 at 15:00 (Brussels time).
The specific objective(s) and accompanying Lots are to:
1. Promote sustainable development and improved environmental management in Ukraine
in light of the European Green Deal (Lot 1: Sustainable development).
2. Increase capacity and recognition of key stakeholders in the field of culture (civil society,
local authorities, other public sector bodies) as drivers of local development (Lot 2: Culture).
3. Increase the impact and sustainability of independent media (including investigative journalism) to foster transparency and accountability (Lot 3: Independent media).
4. Promote the principles of public administration reform and sound public finance management towards a more effective governance (Lot 4: Public Administration Reform)
5. Advance the principles of the rule of law and sustainable reforms in the justice and law-enforcement sectors (Lot 5: Rule of Law).
6. Advance human rights and protect its defenders (Lot 6: Human Rights).
7. Strengthen think tanks’ consultative and monitoring roles in the implementation of the EU-UA Association Agreement (Lot 7: EU-UA Association Agreement and think tanks)
See details about this new funding opportunity here: https://bit.ly/2N4Ke5O(link is external)
We invite all interested organisations to take part in the online information sessions. See the schedule below and register here https://forms.gle/eWqSYUhRQpNdh6TR8(link is external) at least 2 days before each event
Timetable for information sessions (all Kyiv time):
Overall information event: June 22, 2020, 11.00 – 12.00
Thematic information sessions:
June 23, 2020
Lot 1: Sustainable development: 11.00 – 11.50
Lot 2: Culture: 12.00 – 12.50
Lot 5: Rule of Law: 13.00 – 13.50
Lot 6: Human Rights: 14.00 – 14.50
June 24, 2020
Lot 3: Independent media: 11.00 – 11.50
Lot 4: Public Administration Reform: 12.00 – 12.50
Lot 7: EU-UA Association Agreement/ think tanks: 13.00 – 13.50
June 25, 2020
Initial training on Concept Note preparation: 11.00- 13.00
Additional trainings on Concept Note preparation / Q&A:
July 14, 2020, 11.00 – 11.50 am
July 16, 2020, 11.00 – 11.50 am